Based in Austin, Texas, Acumera, Inc. provides network management services, tools and applications that give multi-site retailers unparalleled security, visibility and connectivity to support IT, business intelligence, operations management and the bottom line.
Acumera was founded in 2002 by the pioneers of broadband Internet access for business travelers and is the leading provider of Trusted Connections Services for convenience stores, gas stations and petroleum wholesalers.
Director of Marketing Description
The Director of Marketing position is responsible for planning and implementing marketing and demand generation programs targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the job duties personally or through subordinates. The Director of Marketing role is highly visible, hands on, and will be focused specifically on owning corporate marketing, product marketing, digital marketing, and lead generation. Reporting to the CEO, this role is a key contributor to the company’s marketing strategy and will be the lead for executing on all marketing programs. The Director of Marketing will partner with key Acumera stakeholders to understand the customer journey and ensure the content and capabilities are in place to drive Acumera’s business forward.
The Director of Marketing will be a creative, seasoned, poised and polished communicator with strong experience in complex B2B marketing, content marketing, email marketing, campaign management, and experience in corporate messaging. The ideal candidate will have a blend of strategic, executional, creative, and analytical skills, and will be a highly motivated self-starter who appreciates a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Director of Marketing will have responsibility for the following:
- Develops and implements marketing plans and forecasts to achieve company objectives for products and services
- Creates and manages marketing budgets
- Plans and oversees marketing activities including print, web, social media, direct mail, PR and trade shows
- Develops and maintains visual brand guidelines and interpretations of the brand across channels
- Acts as brand steward and internal advocate for the brand’s visual and written identity
- Develops clear messaging of company brand value, messaging and differentiation with a distinct illustration of Acumera’s competitive positioning in the marketplace
- Primary owner of company website and content generation in conjunction with various content sources
- Collaborates with sales to develop and execute digital and social media channel marketing campaigns to target customers
- Supports product launches with presentations, collateral and training material
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Establishes and maintains relationships with press, industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Creates marketing results reports to present to executive management and sales
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Director of Marketing Job Qualifications
- Clear communicator with the ability to effortlessly take complicated issues and create concise deliverables to communicate the company’s point of view
- Excellent writing skills, painstaking attention to details, and ability to navigate ambiguous issues to create appropriate messaging
- Strong creative judgment and guidance with an eye for design and visual aesthetics
- Highly effective project manager with the ability to work effectively under deadline and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate yet work independently to achieve defined goals while owning certain deliverables and managing others to completion
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, business administration or similar field or equivalent number of years of experience, required
- Five+ (5+) years of marketing experience, preferably in a tech-based company, required
- Master’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration, preferred
- Computer network or security marketing experience a plus
What Acumera offers you:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
- FSA, HSA, 401(k)
- Stock option grants
- Laid-back, flexible work culture
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary time off policy
- Paid Company Holidays
This position is located in Austin, Texas
To apply for this opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover page explaining why you are the right person for the job. Include your resume and salary history.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Acumera, is an equal opportunity employer. All final candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Job: Director of Marketing, Marketing Director
Primary Location: US-Texas-Austin